How do I protect my website from hackers?
A hacker is a person that violates computer security. The term "hack" originally meant to program computers, but its meaning changed over the years to mean "an act that breaks security."
Trying to protect your website from hackers might seem like a losing battle. But believe it or not, there are some simple things you can do to protect yourself.
Hackers are after vulnerable websites. They scan the Internet for weaknesses in websites to find websites with security holes so they can break in. Here are 10 things you can do to make it harder for them:
1) Update your website regularly
2) Use strong passwords with at least eight characters, including lower and upper case letters and numbers
3) Make sure you have the latest versions of all the software on your website
4) Install the latest updates on your operating system and web server software, especially when a new vulnerability has been discovered
5) Check your website's files and directories for mistakes that could be exploited by hackers.
6) Install a firewall and make sure it's configured correctly.
Learn More... < snip no self promotion allowed >